Sunday, January 11, 2009

Eckler Christmas

We made it to Shelby County about 2:30 Christmas Eve morning- luckily the roads were not bad until we decided to cut through the country at LaPlata and we ran into ice and slowed us down a little, but we eventually made it to my mom & dad's for a few hours of sleep before our Christmases started.

Christmas Eve we had lunch with my family and following that we shared our big news. We gave everyone gifts and they were surprisingly slow at catcing on. I guess I can keep a secret, much to Jessi & Kyle's (and my own) surprise! After spending more time with my family we headed to Shelbina to Jason's mom & dad's for Hunolt Christmas. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us to share our news with Jason's immediate family before this event so we didn't get to tell his mom's side of the family in person. Finally, after what seemed forever and all of the extended family was gone we were able to tell Ed, Lola, Justin & Megan (and Allison & Rhett) our exciting news.

Christmas morning we stopped by Jason's grandma's and sister's houses to tell everyone else the good news before heading to Middletown for the day. Jason already got Chelsey to agree to be a cheap babysitter, though her dad told her she shouldn't sell herself too short I'm still hoping she will be available if we need her!

We then headed to Middletown to spend time with both sides of my family and shared the news with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, & cousins. We concluded Christmas night at my mom & dad's house with everyone (mom, dad, Travis, Jessi, TJ, Andi, Kyle & Stephanie) there. After listening to the Christmas story we got to open one present, then we all retired for the night and got up the next morning to open presents! Sadly, it was Kyle & I sitting at the table asking mom if we could please go wake Jessi's kids up so we could get started. Everyone finally woke up and we were able to open gifts and enjoy a lazy day hanging out and playing games together.Jason & I Christmas morning (our last just the 2 of us-crazy!)

Kyle with his movies (I think I have given him movies for the past 3 years!)
Andi helping TJ open a present
Jason with the boots he wanted for Christmas- he was almost childlike with the number of times I heard about the boots that he wanted. I almost went crazy finding them, but luckily Travis was able to find them in Hannibal for me at the last minute! Thanks Travis!!! He was surprised and definitely excited since I had been told before "Those boots are all I want for Christmas and I probably won't even get them"
One of my favorite gifts- it is already hanging up and yes Kyle- it fit in our "shanty"

We had such a lazy day at mom & dad's that I don't think we even got out of our pajamas until that evening. Since we didn't have anywhere we had to go we never really got dressed up and we didn't get any group pictures this year!

No comments: