Friday, September 24, 2010

First week of Fall :)

This week has seemed super long, but the days are still going by fast. I'm not sure how that works, but I think it is because it has been a waiting game to see if it rains and we are able to go back to Missouri this weekend. Maybe part of it is the weather too. I have been waiting all week for it to cool off and I think the fall weather is finally here {for real this time}!

Kale had his 15 month checkup everything looks great. He weighed 26 pounds, 12 ounces {75th percentile} was 31 1/2 inches long {75th percentile} and I don't know his head measurement, but he is still in the 90th percentile. Dr. Batterman thought he looked great and it was an easy visit until the nurse came back in for his four shots :(. He did not do as well as he has done in the past, but as soon as the nurse left the room he was okay. He just wouldn't let me put him back down on the table. I think the only good thing about shots are how well Kale sleeps after getting them.

He slept in until almost 8:30 Tuesday morning. Then we headed to Mason City for a playdate with Bennett. The kids did great playing together and did a good job of wearing themselves out. We left a little after 11:30 so we could get home for lunch, but Kale fell asleep on the way home and didn't wake up until 1:30 so he had a late lunch anyway! I didn't take many pictures of the kids, but after we took a break inside they were riding in the wagon together and I tried to get a couple of them. They weren't too interested in posing for me though so this is the best I got. Kale & Bennett (she is about a month older than Kale)

We spent almost all morning outside

Yesterday morning we took cinnamon rolls to Jason's work and while I was finishing getting ready I must have said the words 'go' & 'daddy' in the same sentence. When I came back out to the kitchen this is what I found. Kale sitting by the door trying to get his shoes on. He thought he had one and was working on the second!

I'm ready Since we moved Kale to a new room I am slowly getting the last of his clothes & 'stuff' moved. I found these bibs I bought earlier this summer and tried them on to see if they would fit him this winter. I thought he looked cute so I took a couple of pictures. I think they may be a little long

Jason had an extra pair of binoculars so one of them is now Kale's. He tries to copy Jason with almost everything and is getting better with the binoculars. almost got 'em

Ready to go hunting {or looking anyway} with dad

No comments: