Monday, September 20, 2010

MU vs San Diego State University

Harvest has started over here, but it isn't so crazy that Jason is having to go in for work on the weekends yet so we had another fun day of running this past Saturday. Mason City's Prairie Harvest Days was this weekend and the parade was Saturday morning. Jason & the CPS guys drove in the parade and Kale & I watched and gathered tons of candy. There weren't any other little kids in the area we were standing, but everyone threw at least a handful of candy at us so Kale ended up with a lot of candy!

He really liked picking up the twizzlers. I don't think because they were his favorite, but because they were the biggest. He would pick up a couple of pieces and then take them back to the stroller and throw them in it. Luckily, there were some other people around to help pick up the candy, but I guess Kale looked like he needed it because they all handed it over for him to add to his stash. We didn't go to the park for the fun & games after the parade this year we headed home for a quick lunch so we could head to Columbia!

We met the Belts & Yoders for an awesome "tailgate" at BWW before heading to campus for the game. It was another 6 o'clock game so we only stayed until halftime before heading home. For most of the second half I was glad we didn't stay because it sounded like the Tigers were stinking it up, but they came back for an exciting win! It was another late night, we drove part of the way in the rain, and we got to see the replay on ESPN so I'm still glad we left at halftime :)

Waiting for the parade to start
BIG surprise- I didn't get any pictures after he got out of the stroller

Kale & Cooper hanging out at BWW waiting for our food

walking to the stadium

a quick picture with mom
watching something on the megatron {it must have been pretty cool}
With harvest picking up we probably won't make it to any more games this year so we wanted to squeeze them in before it was too late. I am a little bummed, but I don't think we are going to make it to Homecoming on Oct 23rd, since it is only 9 days before my due date. I guess we shouldn't travel 3 1/2 hours that close to d-day :) I guess we are lucky {& thankful} the Tigers played at home early in the season!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I worked Saturday night because it was a huge fishing tournament...but the oldes 3 went with my parents! My friend from KC went to the game and kept texting me and her last text was they we were going to lose with less than 2 min. to play! I was so sick and then Heaht texted me to let me know they won! Wow almost a heart attack! I can't wait to go Saturday!!! Wish you guys could make it to Homecoming...but it will be well worth not going!!!