Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving morning we headed to Middletown to my grandparents' houses for some good food and lots of family & fun! We started off the day with lunch at the Eckler's. It was more than a houseful, next time I will remember to take tylenol before I get there :) Lunch was great and there were a couple of surprise guests (Audrey & Sheri made it back!) and after lunch the kids made 'apple turkeys'. Later in the afternoon we headed to the Tainter Thanksgiving at my other grandparents house. Again lots of great food and almost everyone was there. We had some great entertainment after supper as well.

After visiting we headed back to Shelbyville to mom & dad's house. Mom & I have gone shopping on Black Friday for quite a few years and this year Stephanie joined us. We scoped out the ads Thursday night and Steph made our "schedule" of stops before she, mom, & dad headed to bed around 11. We were planning on leaving a little before 2 so Kyle convinced me to stay up & play Wii instead of going to bed since I would only get 1 1/2 hours of sleep...so I did. We ran into Katie, Diana, Callie, & Aaron that morning and got to eat BWW with them at 10am. We were starving by then :) Jason wanted to hunt in the afternoon so we had to hurry back. We had fun shopping and it is probably a good thing we had to leave early because there wasn't much room left in the car. A guy in the Wal-Mart parking lot told mom he thought we bought too much and we might need a trailer hitch. I got a log of my Christmas shopping done- so definitely a great day, but I was more than ready for bed that night!

Kale hanging out at Grandma Barb's house

TJ stole my roll :)

Kyle & Steph

One of the "apple turkeys"

Aaron got passed around a little

Granny Dot & Grandpa Tainter

with the great-grandkids

mom, grandma, Kale, & me

Dad & mom letting Cooper "get" Kale- Coop was "talking" and Kale just sat there

Travis & Jessi

Andi showing Kyle how to hula hoop, the frisbee, around his neck

No comments: