Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Surprise

We are having a baby! I am due June 23rd and we are very excited. It is exciting now that everyone else finally knows too! We told our immediate family on Christmas Eve and grandparents on Christmas Day. With our aunts, uncles, & cousins finding out at our family Christmas celebrations. I think most everyone was surprised and excited, but the best reaction award goes to my sister. If only I would have asked Travis to video tape them opening their presents. There was screaming, jumping, running, an "I love you", hugging, an "I hate you", hitting, and then crying so I'm pretty sure she is excited. The "I hate you" came only because I haven't been sick, except 1 afternoon and I'm due 2 weeks before she is.

Coming back to Missouri for Thanksgiving and not letting the cat out of the bag was especially difficult since Jessi is expecting also, but I have been lucky that I haven't been very sick. I was nauseous a lot in the beginning, but just had to eat all the time to keep something in my stomach. Poor Jason has been doing all the cooking- even making me toast first thing in the morning.

I will post more when we make it back to Minnesota, including pictures from Christmas. Jason & I have been having a great Christmas break (minus being sick all day Monday) and are so thankful we decided to stay this extra week.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Surprise is right! I can't believe that I didn't figure it out AND that you didn't tell me!!

We are so excited to meet little baby Pollard...and to spoil her (or him!)

Katie said...

Congrats! You know how excited we were!!! Boys are looking forward to Friday!

Megan said...

Although I had my suspicions, I was surprised, too. We are all very excited and Allison just can't wait until her new baby cousin arrives.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes as smooth as the 1st part! :)

Jaime said...

Gina! It's your old roommate Jaime Steiner (now Palmer). I don't blog, but I keep up with you and your sister (and families) via these blogs. Maybe one day I'll join this fun and exciting world!!!

ANYWAY--congratulations on the baby! That's so crazy! I keep feeling older and older when I find out more and more people are makin' babies! I think my biological clock is just ticking. ;-)

Anyway, drop me a line if you ever have a minute. Glad you're doing well and SO excited that you and Jessi will have babies right around the same time. That's just awesome.

Jaime Palmer
jaime.r.palmer@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I so thought the socks would keep you warm enough. I told you what happens in Minnesota!!

We can't wait for one more around the state fair campgrounds.

The Wards