Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Flowers

Spring is definitely here and with the beautiful weather we worked outside Saturday & Sunday afternoon. Jason actually let me on the riding lawn mower to help mow the yard and we finally burned the last of the neighborhood's leaves that seemed to have collected in our yard!
While doing some work in the backyard Jason found a rag hanging in one of our trees. He decided that he would get the rag out of the tree, but there was no way he was going to be able to reach it. Well...we had just finished raking leaves, he had the rake and I guess came up with the brilliant idea that he could knock it down using the rake. It was still too high to just hold the rake up and get it so he had to throw the rake up into the branches of the tree. After several tries and no luck Jason managed to ruin our rake as it broke in two.
He then thought it might work better with just the handle and continued throwing the handle into the tree. A few tries later and he lofted the handle up into the tree and landed it in the branches right above the rag. Of course he still had the rake part left and was going to use it to get the handle down, but after a few tries of throwing it into the tree he got is stuck as well! Off to the house to get the basketball.
I am happy to say that he was not able to get the basketball stuck in the tree and retrieved both the handle and the rake. However, the rag is still stuck in our tree, there are several sticks and small branches from the tree in our yard and I had to buy a new rake tonight!

The whole time this was going on our neighbors were outside on their deck just watching and laughing I am sure. Jessi told me some people just weren't meant to live in town- I think that is most definitely us!

With the lovely weather we have flowers popping up everywhere and our trees are really blooming. Here are a few of our flowers and a tree at the end. They aren't great pictures, but I am hoping my mom or Jessi or anyone else for that matter can tell me what kind of flowers, bush or trees are in the pictures below. I love that we are lucky enough to have flowers blooming around the house. I can't take credit for them or even tell you what they are, but I would like to know!

No comments: