Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Visitors!

Last weekend my Uncle Heath, Aunt Katie, and their 4 boys came to visit. The boys went straight to the PlayStation and had fun playing derby and crashing the cars.
Heath, Preston, Conner, Jason & I went to see the puppies outside. It took Conner a while to warm up to the dogs, but Preston wasted no time.
He took Daisy for a walk and really wanted to take her inside, but Jason thought she would get too excited with all 4 boys so instead he took one of our pups in.
After all the boys had a chance to hold the puppy Jason got him back to his mom and we all had some cheesecake.
Yes, for those of you in shock I know how to use the oven…finally! My Uncle Heath even said it was good. It was really easy and Katie- here's the recipe like I promised.
Easy Cheese Cake
2 pkg crescent rolls
2 pkg 8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Mix together cream cheese, sugar, & vanilla
Spread 1 pkg rolls in bottom of lightly greased 9x13 inch pan
Spread cream cheese mixture over rolls
Top with 1 pkg rolls
Sprinkle cinnamon & sugar mixture over the top of cheesecake
Bake @ 350 fo 20-25 minutes
Then we ventured to Mount Vernon to go bowling and eat out with the Eckler crew. Bowling was fun, but I haven’t been in a while. My score definitely showed that - the first game Conner had a better score than I did (the kids played with gutter rails so they had a bit of an advantage).
Chili’s was a little chaotic at one point the waitress asked Katie if all those kids were hers! After eating we went to the hotel where the Ecklers were staying and Jason, Heath, and the oldest 3 boys swam while Katie & I visited.
Jason & I used to baby-sit the Eckler boys while we were in high school and college, but since our move we haven’t got to spend a lot of time with them or Heath & Katie so it was great to have them come visit us!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like you all had a great time! The picture of you and Katie is so good!