Monday, February 25, 2008

California

Last Monday afternoon I flew to California for work. The weather was nice, but not exactly the sunny California I was hoping for. My plane was late leaving St. Louis so I arrived in LA almost an hour late and after a 2 hour ride to the hotel I was ready to call it a night. The training was good and I met quite a few people that were fun to hang out with. Our training ended Thursday at noon and I was supposed to fly back that night, but St. Louis got some ice and my flight got cancelled! The earliest flight I could catch back was Friday at 2:00 so I had another night in Ventura, CA. Luckily, some of the others hadn’t scheduled to fly home until Friday so I had some people to hang out with Friday night and I caught a ride with a couple of them to the airport the next morning. After sitting in the airport for 3 hours my flight left about 40 minutes late and I had a connecting flight to catch when I got to Kansas City so I was hoping I would make it in time. I shouldn’t have worried about it though because once we landed in KC I found out the flight to STL was an delayed hour! After sitting in KC for an hour and a half we boarded for the final leg of my flight to STL. Jason was patiently waiting for me when I arrived and we stood at the baggage claim for a good 30 minutes. After realizing my bag was not among the luggage on the carousel we headed to the baggage claim office…luckily my suitcase was there and we were able to head home. We made it back to our house by 12:30. After making it home Friday night I had a very relaxing (read lazy) weekend. I didn’t get many pictures on my trip, but here are a few.
The Seminis plant where our final day of training was held.Taina, Leonor, & I at the Pier
Looking at the ocean. It was super windy that night and really cold!A view of the pierThe view from my hotel window (in my 2nd room)

1 comment:

Katie said...

How awesome your view of the hotel was! Oh and don't even gripe about the cold weather there..were you suffering here????

Love it! Keep them coming! Oh tell Jason we have it narrowed down to a Shitzu (sp) and Maltise and yes it will be a female because Heath wants the boys to experience puppies! Can you believe I agreed to an inside dog!!! We won't get it until around the 15th of March!

Katie