Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend at Home!!!

Kale has been sleeping at night really well (keeping my fingers crossed to not jinx us) for about a week now. Tuesday night he went to bed aroun 8:30 and he didn't even wake up before Jason & I left for Springfield at 6:30 the next morning. Grandma Mari took the day off on Wednesday to watch Kale so Jason could take me to Springfield to get my gall bladder removed (thanks Mom!). We got home that afternoon and Kale & I were excited (and very thankful) that Jason stayed home the rest of the day Wednesday and had the day off on Thursday to hang out with us and take care of Kale since I was a little sore from surgery.

This weekend we stayed home without visitors or anything going on for the first time since Kale was born. It was nice to have all day Saturday to hang out just the 3 of us. Kale is quite the talker now and is lots of fun to play with. He is not a good sleeper during the day and is actually terrible at taking naps. I'm not sure what we are doing wrong, but if he sleeps at night I can handle the bad naps :).

Last night we drove around to look at some crops and took a few pictures for Jason's workI snapped this picture of Kale & Jason in front of one of the plots

Just hanging out at home

Last night before we went to bed I laughed as I asked Jason if I needed to set an alarm to make sure we got up in time for church (it starts at 10:30). I think we always had to when we were in Minnesota before Kale or we would oversleep...we used to be sooo lazy! We wouldn't trade the less sleep for anything though :). Kale was super talkative this morning and finally fell asleep during church to only be woke up by the bells midway through. Jason said he had several ladies (older) tell him they loved hearing him and they all love on him. He of course just smiles back...I think he is starting to flirt already.

Showing off his neck muscles..yay tummy time! (he actually enjoys it for a little bit at a time now)

Kale hanging out with mom

what a cutie

I took a few pictures while Jason was changing him into his pjs for the night and Jason told me I was going to wear our camera out if I didn't quit. I hadn't taken many for a while so I wanted to get some this weekend since he is changing so fast. We have a busy week coming up with Jason being gone every day and a few nights before we head to Missouri for Labor Day Weekend and the Sheep Fest!

3 comments:

Megan said...

The new pics are great! It looks like you all had a terrific weekend at home. Give Kale hugs and kisses for us!

Tanya said...

Love the pics on the blog and FB. We will be "home" on Labor Day weekend as well. Hopefully, we can get to see Kale in person!

Debbie said...

Wow, Kale is looking so much older! He looks like he is really long too!!! Glad you are enjoying all the baby noise, oh I mean talking. It is so much fun when they are able to interact and play with you too!