Thursday, August 20, 2009

Two months old

It is hard to believe that 2 months ago today we had just met baby Kale and our lives totally changed (for the better of course)!! I have fallen a little behind with posting since we
just got home from being at the State Fair for a week! We had a great time, but I didn't get many pictures. I guess we were just having too much fun!

Kale is changing everyday and is becoming more fun to talk to and play with. He seems to follow us with his eyes and is beginning to smile a lot more...not just when he is passing gas. I can't believe how big he is getting- he is developing a few rolls even! I can't wait to go to his 2 month check up to see how much he weighs now. I know he is gaining like crazy!

Today was also an exciting day because Jason's new work truck came in!! YAY!!! He has been waiting for it since he started the middle of May and is thankful he finally has a little (lot) nicer truck to drive since he had been driving an older regular cab truck.

Not to be left out on this eventful day I met with the general surgeon about my gall bladder and found out that I get to have it removed next week either Tuesday or Wednesday! I have had 4 or 5 "attacks" in the last 3 weeks and a couple more that I got stopped with my pain medicine. The surgeon told us on the notes from my ultrasound it said my gall bladder was full of stones and typically it just says stone, so I think it is a good idea to get it out soon...plus I have to go back to work in 3 weeks so we decided to get it done as soon as possible so I have time to recover while still on leave. I'm just glad I had some news to share today too!

With so much excitement I convinced Jason we needed to celebrate so we headed to Petersburg to eat out at Pizza Hut (in the new truck of course)!! And yes, Jessi, they still have pork sausage-mmm mmm good!! And we got extra so I have lunch for tomorrow already planned!!

Kale 2 months old

Smiling for the camera

Kale & Daddy with the new work truck

(Kale's 2 month present- Jason's so good at giving gifts :)!)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow he has gotten so big! Love the smiling picture! Good luck with everything!

Megan said...

Love the picture of Kale smiling, with his tongue out of course! Jason's new truck is awesome! And, Gina, I completely understand the gall bladder situation. I'm happy you have everything taken care of! Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

What?!? You still have pork sausage? What's up with that?