Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Move Update

I was planning on putting some Easter pictures up, but I'm not sure when that is going to happen so here is an update without pics. I had meetings in Mason City Monday & Tuesday this week and it made sense for Jason to go along so we could look at houses while I was down there and he could look for a job too.

We went a day early and met with the realtor on Sunday. We looked at 20+ houses and really liked one of them so we made an offer. Jason met with a guy about a potential job and things really worked out well for us! We signed a contract on the house yesterday afternoon before leaving town and Jason has a job lined up. We will actually be working in the same town and our house is in a little town about 8 miles south.

Now for the crazy part- we are closing on our house May 6th- only 2 weeks away! There is a family living there now, but they will be out and we will get possession that day so we will have a few days to get moved in before we start work- which will be nice!

Since my meeting got over Tuesday night and we weren't going to make the drive back to Minnesota last night we drove to Missouri so Jason could turkey hunt this morning. Of course that makes sense, Shelby County is on the way from Central Illinois to Minnesota- right?!?! Not really, but to get another day of turkey hunting in I guess it is. Jason is actually out hunting right now and we will head home as soon as he gets back. We will get to drive the 8 hours to work 2 days and turn around and drive back to MO on Friday night. If we had more than 6 days left to work we probably would have just stayed in MO all week, but there are things to finish up at work so the extra trip it is! This weekend's drive back will be the last from MN...we are not going to miss the long trip and I am definitely not sad we didn't get to experience that drive with a newborn!

Driving to Shelby County from Mason City yesterday was so fast, I don't think I had even gotten settled in my seat before we arrived!

In our other countdown- we only have 9 weeks left before my due date! It is crazy how fast the time has been going by and I'm sure it isn't going to be slowing down anytime soon! Hopefully I will get some time next week to update with some Easter pictures and get caught up with everything before the move!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awesome, just awesome! You guys have the best luck! I'm so happy things have worked out for you. Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help! :)