Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Random Update

Last Thursday we headed back to Shelbyville for Old Settlers! I took a total of 2 pictures while there and neither one of them turned out very good, but we had a great time! Thursday night was the queen contest and wrist band night. I had planned on watching the queen contest, but ended up hanging out in the carnival most of the night. Jason & I got to visit with people we don't see often and Kale even got to ride the carousel. He really loved it! Friday night we headed back to watch Andi in the Little Folks contest. They don't have winners, but I think Andi may have gotten the biggest laugh {at Jessi's expense :) }. After a late night of watching the cards play {not playing cards- like planned} we headed back to Old Settlers for the parade on Saturday and somehow I got lots of candy in my bag! We headed home Saturday afternoon and had Sunday to relax, clean up the house, and get some laundry done before leaving on vacation. I cleaned off my camera tonight so I am all ready to leave in the morning. We are headed to Chicago for a few days on a family vacation. Hopefully it isn't as hot in Chicago as it was here today!

Sunday night Jason picked a watermelon from our garden. After he washed it off Kale was trying to pick it up and then just playing with it until we went inside.
Tonight while I was trying to pack I had some help!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That's a good looking watermelon! And, as if Jason doesn't wear that I won showmanship shirt enough he's got Kale wearing it?! Too funny!