Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One Year!

Monday marked one year of marriage for Jason & I. It is crazy to think that a year ago we were leaving Shelby County and heading off to make Ashley, IL our home. This past year was definitely an adjustment for both of us as we are still trying to get used to living with one another!
After loading up the car with everything Monday morning, including the top of our wedding cake that had been in my mom & dad’s freezer the past year, we headed for home. Since we didn’t have any luck car shopping in Quincy & Hannibal we decided to go back through Columbia. After 4 ½ hours at the dealer we left with an Escape. Jason has definitely set my expectations high for future anniversary gifts! We stopped in O’Fallon, IL to eat and finally made it home before 10. Yesterday was my first day back at work since the 15th so it was a super long day.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

woo-wee nina!

I like it!! Now you just have to hold him to that "high anniversary standard!"

Debbie said...

Tell Jason nice job with the anniversary present! I need him to give Chris some pointers! It looks really nice, and I'm sure you are enjoying it!!!!

Josh, Molly, Makayla & Allison said...

Congrats on one year! Hope your move to MN goes well. I got a recliner for my first anniversay that I never get to set in so kudos to you on the gift!

Molly Schneider (Kaimann)

Katie said...

Happy 1st! It's been too long for me to even remember what I got for my 1st anniversary present! Boys are missing you guys...(and us of course) Hope we see you guys before the big move!Sad to leave sunny FL tomorrow!