Friday, March 28, 2008

Decorating Eggs

My favorite holiday as a kid was always Easter. I'm sure I liked it because we got to dye eggs, the Easter Bunny brought lots of candy, and we got to hunt easter eggs. Even though Jessi & Kyle were better than me (so they claim) at hunting eggs I still loved it! Since moving to Ashley Jason & I have found a church in Nashville that we really enjoy. We were able to attend last week for Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. It really reminded of me of what Easter is all about and it is definitely still my favorite holiday, but not for the candy, even though I don't mind it! It is so amazing to hear and think about everything that happened leading up to this Christian holiday! This year as our first married Easter together we decorated eggs at home to take back for our neices & nephews to hunt. We decorated them after church on Thursday night because we didn't think there would be enough time on Friday night after we got home to pack, dye eggs, and get everything else ready to go. Thank goodness we did them on Thursday because by the time we did get everything ready on Friday and get to bed it was almost time to get up and head to Missouri for the weekend!
Jason & I after church on Thursday night. Decorating eggs. Jason is always such a ham. The egg kit we got came with a few puzzles that Jason did while decorating eggs. Here are a few of the eggs we decorated to hide on Easter. Jason made an egg for each neice & nephew with their name on it. He really got into it. All two dozen eggs we did that night. Funny thing- we didn't bring any of them home with us! Thank goodness for family!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

You are right thinking about all the events that led up to Easter it is pretty amazing!

"Jessi and Kyle did better than me" Okay that is putting it very nicely :)

Looks like you will be having fun eating all of those eggs!