Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Busy Weekend

Last week I was in St. Louis on Wednesday & Thursday for meetings and was heading back to northeast MO for the weekend. Instead of taking two vehicles back Jason took off work on Thursday and rode the Metro to St Louis. He had never been on it before and I don't think he will ever get on it again. After many stops he finally made it to the airport where I picked him up. We finally made it to Shelbyville after making stops in Columbia and Kirksville!
Friday afternoon I headed to Monroe City to help decorate for one of my best friend's wedding. That evening before rehearsal Jason & I went to my Uncle Heath & Aunt Katie's house to see them and their boys. After rehearsal we went out for one last time with the bride as a "single" woman. We were back at the house pretty early and let the bride-to-be go to bed as a couple of the bridesmaids and I stayed up well into the morning...luckily we didn't have to be up early the next morning.
Mariah & Austin had a beautiful wedding and I am so upset I didn't get any picture, but at this point I was pretty sure I had left my camera at my mom & dad's. After a good time at the reception we headed to my aunt & uncle's house where we spent the night and headed to Macon the next morning for a baptism & birthday party.
Our nephew Rhett Hunter Pollard was baptized at church that morning and then we headed back to the Pollard's house to celebrate Rhett's big sister's birthday. Allison turned 3 earlier this month and we are glad we were able to be a part of her celebration. It was on the way to church that I realized I stored my camera in my console for safe keeping! I got a few pictures of the birthday party.
Allison had a princess party and her first gift was a princess dress Megan's mom made for her.
The princess with her cake that her mom made. Doesn't it look great?

I was supposed to have training in Iowa City on Tuesday so Jason & I were going to head up there on Monday and he was going to use the last of his vacation days, but it was cancelled due to the flooding. I was already scheduled to be off work Monday and Jason had a vacation day planned so we ended up staying Shelby County one more night and drove back Monday morning/afternoon. After a nice fun-filled weekend we pulled in our driveway to this! There was a wind storm Sunday night and it blew part of our pool, deck and all, over! It is pretty crazy because we don't have any limbs down in our yard and nothing else has any damage.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

What a fun thing to come home to!!! Lucky you already are moving!! haha :)